Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, Part Two



Composition

I know I’ve already posted a picture for today, but it was one taken from yesterday. My goal is to take at least one photo per day. Some days that is going to be a challenge. Some days the challenge will be selecting which photo to use.

Since I was not able to get out of the house to look for an interesting photo op, I had to work with what was in the house. I have four pets: two miniature schnauzers, a cat, and a hedgehog named Marion. (And yes when she grows up, she wants to be a librarian.) If you are going to be child or a pet in this household, you better get used to having a camera stuck in your face. Tonight it was Olivia’s turn.

Many of the various workshops I’ve taken have talked about the composition of your picture. Many professionals caution against centering the subject of the picture. That is something I often forget, but I did remember it today. I caught Olivia snoozing on the chaise lounge I bought for my reading nook. For some reason, Olivia is convinced I bought this piece of furniture just for her. Remembering not to center Olivia in the picture, I zoomed in on her putting her to the left of my frame. While I was trying to get a good shot of her, I noticed that while she was facing left – the dog on the pillow is facing right. I thought it made for an interesting composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment