Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3 - Part One



Just What Is That?

People who go on photo walks with me are often amused to find me stopping to take pictures of the strangest things. Ice crystals, drain pipes, litter, raindrops on a leaf, a solitary leaf on the sidewalk and once, even a pair of dropped sunglasses are just a few of the out of the ordinary pictures I’ve snapped. I like to find things that people don’t expect. Yesterday, we had a brief snow shower. It was one of those strange ones that I’ve seen from time to time here in Colorado. One where it’s not really flakes of snow, but more like slightly larger granules. I was on my way to run an errand. Of course I had my camera with me, so I snapped this picture of the driveway just before getting in the car. Using iPhoto to boost the color then turning it black and white lets you really see the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment